Baked peaches with amaretto and almonds
- 75g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 just-ripe peaches, halved and stones removed
- 100ml amaretto liqueur
- 6 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 8 amaretti biscuits
- finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed orange
- 300ml pouring double cream
- toasted flaked almonds, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Lightly grease the bottom of an ovenproof dish and put in the peach halves, flat-side up. Over the face of each peach and into each cavity liberally splash a good amount of amaretto.
- Now divide the butter into 6 slices and put a slice on top of each peach. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar on top of each peach half. Finally squeeze a dribble of lemon juice over each half.
- Put the peaches into the oven and bake them for 30 minutes, depending on their ripeness. They want to be soft but just holding their form.
- In the meantime, crumble the amaretti biscuits into coarse crumbs with your hands.
- Add the orange zest to the cream, then whip it until it forms semi-stiff peaks. Fold the biscuit crumbs into the cream and decorate it with the toasted flaked almonds.
- Remove the peaches from the oven and allow them to cool a bit, then serve with the biscuit cream.
More peaches recipes, More amaretto recipes, More cream recipes